Full course description
The Global Student Recruitment (GSR) certificate offered by the American International Recruitment Council is a professional certificate program designed for international education professionals seeking to expand their awareness, knowledge, and skills related to international student recruitment.
The course is recommended for professionals with at least one year’s experience in international education with some knowledge of international student recruiting.
Participants enrolled in the program complete seven modules offered via a blend of in-person and online learning. The course launches on December 5th at the AIRC Annual Conference, December 5, 2018 with two in-person modules offered to the course cohort. The cohort model enables participants to develop a strong professional network.
Participants will take an additional 3 modules on-line over a 6-week period in Spring 2019, followed by the final two modules taught in person in Washington, DC in July, 2019. Each module includes assignments for assessment that will develop real-world skills for recruitment professionals.
At the end of the program, participants complete a capstone project culminating in the creation of a strategic international recruitment plan. Each participant will receive instruction, support and personalized feedback from expert practitioners in the field.
The final certificate is awarded to participants that complete the assignments for each module and the capstone project.
You will have 1 year from the date of enrollment to complete the course.
- Module 1: The Effective Recruiter (taught live at the AIRC Conference)
- Module 2: Productive Partnerships with Third-party Recruiters (taught live at the AIRC Conference)
- Module 3: Navigating the Regulatory Environment (online module)
- Module 4: Deciphering Educational Systems and the Admissions (online module)
- Module 5: Impactful Marketing and Communication Strategies (online module)
- Module 6: Customizing Your International Recruitment Toolkit (taught live in Washington, DC)
- Module 7: Strategic International Recruitment Planning & Budget Modeling (taught live in Washington, DC)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Complete a pre-departure market entry analysis.
- Identify key components of a third-party recruitment strategy.
- Explain the impact of foreign and domestic regulations on international recruitment.
- Examine the complexities of foreign educational systems and approaches to international admissions.
- Identify and enhance existing international marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop a strategic international recruitment plan with associated budget.
The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership association recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as a Standards Development Organization (SDO).
AIRC was founded in 2008 by senior U.S. education leaders to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies. As such AIRC is a professional education membership association focused solely on issues relating to international student recruitment and the only provider of independent certification of recruitment agencies based on a rigorous accreditation model, AIRC Certification for Agencies.
For more information, contact AIRC at +1 240-547-6400, or Staff@airc-education.org.