Full course description
Build your knowledge base and experience through the professional certificate in International Student Recruitment and Enrollment Planning (ISREP) offered by the American International Recruitment Council. The professional certificate program is designed for international education professionals seeking to expand their awareness, knowledge, and skills related to international student recruitment. The course, carefully crafted by recruitment and enrollment experts, emphasizes deep understanding of professional guidelines, key concepts, tools and their application to enhance your professional profile.
This certificate program is recommended for professionals in the field of international education. Professionals working in the field of international enrollment planning and recruitment will benefit from the course. Others who wish to gain knowledge and a better understanding of this area will also find the course extremely useful. One year of experience is recommended.
Participants enrolled in the program complete seven modules offered via a blend of in-person and online learning. The 2020-2021 course launches in December at the AIRC Annual Conference, with two in-person modules offered to the course cohort in the summer of 2021. The cohort model enables participants to develop a strong professional network.
Participants will take an additional 3 modules online each in Jan/Feb, March/April and May/June in Spring 2021, followed by the final two modules taught in person in Washington, DC in July or August 2021.
Each module includes assignments for assessment that will develop real-world skills for recruitment professionals.
At the end of the program, participants complete a capstone project culminating in the creation of a strategic international recruitment plan. Each participant will receive instruction, support and personalized feedback from expert practitioners in the field.
The final certificate is awarded to participants that complete the assignments for each module and the capstone project.
AIRC members receive a 30% discount for a total course fee of $980.
- Module 1: The Effective Recruiter (taught live at the AIRC Conference December 9, 2020 in San Diego, Hard Rock Hotel)
- Module 2: Productive Partnerships with Third-party Recruiters (taught live at the AIRC Conference)
- Module 3: Navigating the Regulatory Environment (online module)
- Module 4: Deciphering Educational Systems and the Admissions (online module)
- Module 5: Impactful Marketing and Communication Strategies (online module)
- Module 6: Customizing Your International Recruitment Toolkit (taught live in Washington, DC in July or August)
- Module 7: Strategic International Recruitment Planning & Budget Modeling (taught live in Washington, DC in July or August)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Complete a pre-departure market entry analysis.
- Identify key components of a third-party recruitment strategy.
- Explain the impact of foreign and domestic regulations on international recruitment.
- Examine the complexities of foreign educational systems and approaches to international admissions.
- Identify and enhance existing international marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop a strategic international recruitment plan with associated budget.
The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership association recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as a Standards Development Organization (SDO).
AIRC was founded in 2008 by senior U.S. education leaders to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies. As such AIRC is a professional education membership association focused solely on issues relating to international student recruitment and the only provider of independent certification of recruitment agencies based on a rigorous accreditation model, AIRC Certification for Agencies.
For more information, contact AIRC at +1 240-547-6400, or Staff@airc-education.org.