Full course description
Emotional Intelligence overwhelmingly distinguishes outstanding leaders from average performers. The Emotional and Social Intelligence Leadership Competency Model, developed by Daniel Goleman and Richard Boyatzis, Professor of Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University outlines 12 specific Emotional and Social competencies that serve as the essential core for developing outstanding leadership. Delivered through short videos, personal journaling and reflective exercises, the program offers in-depth descriptions of each competency, the skills required to understand each one and the exercises needed to sustain behavior.
This online learning journey has three key components designed to help you learn and sustain emotionally intelligent habits:
- Learn: Practical explanations and examples of EI, delivered via video clips
- Reflect and Journal: Exercises and personal reflections to help develop practical strategies toward emotional intelligence.
- Apply: Comprehensive tools and strategies to apply to your daily life at work and at home.
As a result of this program, participants will:
- Become familiar with the model of Emotional and Social Intelligence and its core competencies
- Consider potential strategies to develop, and more consistently demonstrate behaviors associated with emotional and social intelligence competencies.