A learning management system (LMS) is software that is designed to deliver course materials online. As a learning architect, you will encounter many different LMS systems and you need to know how to work in them. This competency provides a basic tour of LMS components and explains how users interact with them and where to go for technical support. You will get the opportunity to interact with several of the most commonly used LMSs and evaluate built instructional materials and learning products within them.
This course is also available in the Educational Technology Track.
Upon completion of this competency you will be able to:
- Identify various components of different LMS platforms and their uses.
- Identify areas of support within LMS help guides.
- Recognize the supported features of various learning management systems.
- Evaluate built learning products within an LMS.
- Identify components related to end-user experiences on various LMS platforms.