A learning management system (LMS) is software that is designed to deliver course materials online. As an instructional technologist, you will encounter many different LMS systems and need to know how to work in them. This competency provides a basic tour of LMS components and explains how users interact with them and where to go for technical support. You will get the opportunity to interact with several of the most commonly used LMSs and evaluate built instructional materials and learning products within them.
This course is also available in the User Experience Track.
Upon completion of this competency you will be able to:
- Identify various components of different LMS platforms and their uses.
- Identify appropriate times to use the rich content editor and the HTML editor when designing content in various LMS platforms.
- Identify areas of support within LMS help guides.
- Recognize the supported HTML features of various LMSs.
- Evaluate built instructional materials within an LMS.
- Evaluate learning products within an LMS.