Good communication is important in virtually all professional fields, but it’s especially true of instructional technology, because so much of an IT’s work takes place in a team environment that involves collaboration with other ITs, learning architects, and faculty. This competency covers the rules of the road when it comes to online etiquette (AKA “netiquette”), communicating about workflow and needs, and giving/receiving constructive feedback. All of these communication principles are key parts of building effective communities of practice.
This course is also available in the Project Management Soft Skills Track.
You will have six months to complete this competency and can review the materials at any time during this period. If you wish to access these resources after the six months, you will need to re-enroll.
Upon completion of this competency you will be able to:
- Communicate needs via various methods of communication.
- Utilize professional tone, language, and attire throughout various methods of communication.
- Communicate with team members within working documents.
- Utilize and provide constructive feedback.
- Work actively and professionally within a community of practice.
For non-USA based credit card transactions, please allow 2-3 days for processing. Please reach out to Course Market Support if you do not see a transaction within 3 days.