Project management is critical to the successful development of instructional materials—whether for an entire academic course or a short corporate training—and is therefore an important aspect of being an instructional technologist. In this competency, you will learn about the key project management skills you will need, including risk identification and mitigation, resource allocation, and the development of quality standards. You will also get to create a project management template of your own and explore open-source project management software.
This course is also available in the Project Management Soft Skills Track.
You will have six months to complete this competency and can review the materials at any time during this period. If you wish to access these resources after the six months, you will need to re-enroll.
Upon completion of this competency you will be able to:
- Evaluate identified risks prior to and during project development.
- Identify steps to streamline and mitigate the potential risks of a project.
- Allocate project resources appropriately.
- Determine appropriate deadlines for a project.
- Identify an acceptable standard of quality, as appropriate, for a project.
For non-USA based credit card transactions, please allow 2-3 days for processing. Please reach out to Course Market Support if you do not see a transaction within 3 days.